All right Booth readers, it’s circle time—find a spot, and get ready for a Kids Story from our special guest, Thurz. Jimmy, I see you pulling Monique’s pigtails. Everybody seated? Good. (OK, I’m done pretending y’all are five years old.) Making its world premiere as the 14th entry in The DJBooth and Event Electronics’ 20/20 Music Series, this newly-released single finds the Cali spitter admonishing listeners against letting the lust for luxury goods get the better of their ethical principles. Frequent collaborator Ro Blvd does his thing on the production tip, crafting a heavily syncopated synth-percussion groove to back the U-N-I alum as he recounts how two enterprising (and girl-crazy) youths’ scheme to “dress high-end off of credit-card scams” backfired when the boys in blue caught wind of their con. A sage cautionary tale and a dope record to boot, this joint is exclusive to the 20/20 Music Series. Fans can look forward to further Booth-exclusive entries throughout the remainder of November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by richard on 11/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.