All right Booth readers, it’s circle time—find a spot, and get ready for a Kids Story from our special guest, Thurz. Jimmy, I see you pulling Monique’s pigtails. Everybody seated? Good. (OK, I’m done pretending y’all are five years old.) Making its world premiere as the 14th entry in The DJBooth and Event Electronics’ 20/20 Music Series, this newly-released single finds the Cali spitter admonishing listeners against letting the lust for luxury goods get the better of their ethical principles. Frequent collaborator Ro Blvd does his thing on the production tip, crafting a heavily syncopated synth-percussion groove to back the U-N-I alum as he recounts how two enterprising (and girl-crazy) youths’ scheme to “dress high-end off of credit-card scams” backfired when the boys in blue caught wind of their con. A sage cautionary tale and a dope record to boot, this joint is exclusive to the 20/20 Music Series. Fans can look forward to further Booth-exclusive entries throughout the remainder of November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by richard on 11/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.