All right Booth readers, it’s circle time—find a spot, and get ready for a Kids Story from our special guest, Thurz. Jimmy, I see you pulling Monique’s pigtails. Everybody seated? Good. (OK, I’m done pretending y’all are five years old.) Making its world premiere as the 14th entry in The DJBooth and Event Electronics’ 20/20 Music Series, this newly-released single finds the Cali spitter admonishing listeners against letting the lust for luxury goods get the better of their ethical principles. Frequent collaborator Ro Blvd does his thing on the production tip, crafting a heavily syncopated synth-percussion groove to back the U-N-I alum as he recounts how two enterprising (and girl-crazy) youths’ scheme to “dress high-end off of credit-card scams” backfired when the boys in blue caught wind of their con. A sage cautionary tale and a dope record to boot, this joint is exclusive to the 20/20 Music Series. Fans can look forward to further Booth-exclusive entries throughout the remainder of November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by richard on 11/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.