Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
The current state of hip-hop is a perennial topic of debate among heads but, personally, I’m not worried; as long as THURZ’ heart is beating, I can feel secure in the knowledge that realness is alive and well in the rap game. On Keep Livin’, a new single off his next street album, the Los Angeles representative commits to carrying the torch for his genre, his city and his people, come what may. DJ Khalil and Phonix Beats complement the U-N-I alumnus’ resolute bars with a quietly determined, synth-driven beat, and singer Jarell Perry contributes earnest hook and backing vocals. Appreciate the sincerity and dedication THURZ exhibits here? Then stay tuned for the latest on forthcoming full-length Blood on the Canvas, scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2013.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Thurz’ Super Official-directed Keep Livin’ visual.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.