Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
The current state of hip-hop is a perennial topic of debate among heads but, personally, I’m not worried; as long as THURZ’ heart is beating, I can feel secure in the knowledge that realness is alive and well in the rap game. On Keep Livin’, a new single off his next street album, the Los Angeles representative commits to carrying the torch for his genre, his city and his people, come what may. DJ Khalil and Phonix Beats complement the U-N-I alumnus’ resolute bars with a quietly determined, synth-driven beat, and singer Jarell Perry contributes earnest hook and backing vocals. Appreciate the sincerity and dedication THURZ exhibits here? Then stay tuned for the latest on forthcoming full-length Blood on the Canvas, scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2013.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Thurz’ Super Official-directed Keep Livin’ visual.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.