Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
The current state of hip-hop is a perennial topic of debate among heads but, personally, I’m not worried; as long as THURZ’ heart is beating, I can feel secure in the knowledge that realness is alive and well in the rap game. On Keep Livin’, a new single off his next street album, the Los Angeles representative commits to carrying the torch for his genre, his city and his people, come what may. DJ Khalil and Phonix Beats complement the U-N-I alumnus’ resolute bars with a quietly determined, synth-driven beat, and singer Jarell Perry contributes earnest hook and backing vocals. Appreciate the sincerity and dedication THURZ exhibits here? Then stay tuned for the latest on forthcoming full-length Blood on the Canvas, scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2013.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Thurz’ Super Official-directed Keep Livin’ visual.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.