Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
The current state of hip-hop is a perennial topic of debate among heads but, personally, I’m not worried; as long as THURZ’ heart is beating, I can feel secure in the knowledge that realness is alive and well in the rap game. On Keep Livin’, a new single off his next street album, the Los Angeles representative commits to carrying the torch for his genre, his city and his people, come what may. DJ Khalil and Phonix Beats complement the U-N-I alumnus’ resolute bars with a quietly determined, synth-driven beat, and singer Jarell Perry contributes earnest hook and backing vocals. Appreciate the sincerity and dedication THURZ exhibits here? Then stay tuned for the latest on forthcoming full-length Blood on the Canvas, scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2013.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Thurz’ Super Official-directed Keep Livin’ visual.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.