When THURZ and his homies jump on an instrumental, you can be damn sure that beat will be dead, tossed in a casket and buried by the time the track is over. The Inglewood emcee’s latest promo single is no exception to the rule. Previewed on Chris Paul‘s The Mission mixtape but presented here in its finished form, Gravedigger finds the DJBooth favorite trading aggressive, blood-spattered verses with Digi+Phonics rapper/producer Willie B and Watts mic-murderer Glasses Malone (also featured today on Neema‘s Thinking Bout You) over the diabolical, organ-driven production of frequent collaborator THX. Though Gravedigger won’t be featured on the project, those who like what they’re hearing should keep it locked for the latest on Thurz’ Blood on the Canvas LP, due out sometime in the first quarter of 2013.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.