When THURZ and his homies jump on an instrumental, you can be damn sure that beat will be dead, tossed in a casket and buried by the time the track is over. The Inglewood emcee’s latest promo single is no exception to the rule. Previewed on Chris Paul‘s The Mission mixtape but presented here in its finished form, Gravedigger finds the DJBooth favorite trading aggressive, blood-spattered verses with Digi+Phonics rapper/producer Willie B and Watts mic-murderer Glasses Malone (also featured today on Neema‘s Thinking Bout You) over the diabolical, organ-driven production of frequent collaborator THX. Though Gravedigger won’t be featured on the project, those who like what they’re hearing should keep it locked for the latest on Thurz’ Blood on the Canvas LP, due out sometime in the first quarter of 2013.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.