Last heard playing second fiddle to Pasadena neighbor Qualmes on June’s The High Road, perennial reader favorite Thurz returns to the spotlight with a promotional single sure to have fans on our pages exclaiming, “GOTDAMN GOTDAMN!” Constant collaborator Ro Blvd handles production on this party-ready joint, cooking up a minimal, ‘80s-informed rhythm section to back the SoCal spitter as he gazes with wonderment upon his own flyness and charisma. And Thurz ain’t the only one who’s feeling himself; Booth newcomer Cali Martyr gets in on the action as well, celebrating his prodigious sex appeal on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Thurz’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)