Last heard playing second fiddle to Pasadena neighbor Qualmes on June’s The High Road, perennial reader favorite Thurz returns to the spotlight with a promotional single sure to have fans on our pages exclaiming, “GOTDAMN GOTDAMN!” Constant collaborator Ro Blvd handles production on this party-ready joint, cooking up a minimal, ‘80s-informed rhythm section to back the SoCal spitter as he gazes with wonderment upon his own flyness and charisma. And Thurz ain’t the only one who’s feeling himself; Booth newcomer Cali Martyr gets in on the action as well, celebrating his prodigious sex appeal on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Thurz’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.