Last heard playing second fiddle to Pasadena neighbor Qualmes on June’s The High Road, perennial reader favorite Thurz returns to the spotlight with a promotional single sure to have fans on our pages exclaiming, “GOTDAMN GOTDAMN!” Constant collaborator Ro Blvd handles production on this party-ready joint, cooking up a minimal, ‘80s-informed rhythm section to back the SoCal spitter as he gazes with wonderment upon his own flyness and charisma. And Thurz ain’t the only one who’s feeling himself; Booth newcomer Cali Martyr gets in on the action as well, celebrating his prodigious sex appeal on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Thurz’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.