Last heard playing second fiddle to Pasadena neighbor Qualmes on June’s The High Road, perennial reader favorite Thurz returns to the spotlight with a promotional single sure to have fans on our pages exclaiming, “GOTDAMN GOTDAMN!” Constant collaborator Ro Blvd handles production on this party-ready joint, cooking up a minimal, ‘80s-informed rhythm section to back the SoCal spitter as he gazes with wonderment upon his own flyness and charisma. And Thurz ain’t the only one who’s feeling himself; Booth newcomer Cali Martyr gets in on the action as well, celebrating his prodigious sex appeal on verse two. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Thurz’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)