Fresh off getting the Booth jumping with the in-your-face L.N.S., THURZ dials back the intensity for the follow-up. Propelled by the loping percussion, delicate piano and dreamy synth warbles of DJ Dahi and J. LBS, this introspective jam finds the L.A.-repping hip-hop innovator detailing his weakness for the fairer sex in poetic confessional verses. Johnny Polygon guests, sardonically asking listeners, “Are You Not entertained?” on the hook. THURZ’ 517 W Queen Tape still lacks a solid drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest tunes off the project, as well as release details as they surface. In the meantime, those who haven’t already should check out the artist’s recent, Booth-exclusive video interview.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
With his acclaimed 2011 L.A. Riot album still getting burn and his upcoming project Blood on the Canvas on the horizon, consummate Los Angeles emcee Thurz drops off his 517 W Queen Tape. A blend of new and previously released...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.