Fresh off getting the Booth jumping with the in-your-face L.N.S., THURZ dials back the intensity for the follow-up. Propelled by the loping percussion, delicate piano and dreamy synth warbles of DJ Dahi and J. LBS, this introspective jam finds the L.A.-repping hip-hop innovator detailing his weakness for the fairer sex in poetic confessional verses. Johnny Polygon guests, sardonically asking listeners, “Are You Not entertained?” on the hook. THURZ’ 517 W Queen Tape still lacks a solid drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest tunes off the project, as well as release details as they surface. In the meantime, those who haven’t already should check out the artist’s recent, Booth-exclusive video interview.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
With his acclaimed 2011 L.A. Riot album still getting burn and his upcoming project Blood on the Canvas on the horizon, consummate Los Angeles emcee Thurz drops off his 517 W Queen Tape. A blend of new and previously released...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.