Fresh off getting the Booth jumping with the in-your-face L.N.S., THURZ dials back the intensity for the follow-up. Propelled by the loping percussion, delicate piano and dreamy synth warbles of DJ Dahi and J. LBS, this introspective jam finds the L.A.-repping hip-hop innovator detailing his weakness for the fairer sex in poetic confessional verses. Johnny Polygon guests, sardonically asking listeners, “Are You Not entertained?” on the hook. THURZ’ 517 W Queen Tape still lacks a solid drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest tunes off the project, as well as release details as they surface. In the meantime, those who haven’t already should check out the artist’s recent, Booth-exclusive video interview.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.