Paradoxical as it may sound, freeloading ain’t easy. In fact, when you reach the level of gold-diggerdom attained by the central character in THURZ’ latest song release, it’s pretty much a full-time job. Coming on the heels of lead effort Keep the Faith, Another Number finds the Cali underground mainstay following a wily female as she exercises her charms on every high-roller in town, playing the game of love so shamelessly that it’s actually impressive. Backed by THX‘s low-key electronic boardwork, and topped off with the perennially smooth guest vocals of BJ The Chicago Kid (also THURZ’ wingman on L.A. Riot inclusion Hell’s Angel), this hip-hop character study is just one of many dope cuts to be found on 517 W Queen Tape, scheduled for release in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)