When Thurz is rolling down the block, he prefers to do it in an Acura Legend. Not because of the vehicle’s high performance and luxurious options—although those are certainly dope—but because its model name lets onlookers know precisely what class of individual is inside. On the latest single off his forthcoming digital album (following December’s inspired Keep Livin’), the Inglewood emcee takes some time out to remind listeners that he’s flyer than Perseus. Frequent collaborator THX takes his cues from the record’s automotive theme, packing his minimalistic beat with all the booming bass your subwoofers can handle. For this braggadocio-packed street banger and much more, check out Blood on the Canvas when it drops digitally this March.
Written by richard on 01/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.