When Thurz is rolling down the block, he prefers to do it in an Acura Legend. Not because of the vehicle’s high performance and luxurious options—although those are certainly dope—but because its model name lets onlookers know precisely what class of individual is inside. On the latest single off his forthcoming digital album (following December’s inspired Keep Livin’), the Inglewood emcee takes some time out to remind listeners that he’s flyer than Perseus. Frequent collaborator THX takes his cues from the record’s automotive theme, packing his minimalistic beat with all the booming bass your subwoofers can handle. For this braggadocio-packed street banger and much more, check out Blood on the Canvas when it drops digitally this March.
Written by richard on 01/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rodney King" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.