Previously featured as a guest on J*Davey‘s Queen of Wonderland, buzzmaking singer, songwriter and producer Thundercat steps into the solo Booth spotlight with a freshly-selected single off his next full-length. On Heartbreaks + Setbacks, beatsmiths Flying Lotus and Mono/Poly provide a dense, shapeshifting synth backdrop for the unsigned singer’s reflections on modern romance. Despite being wreathed in reverb and overdubbed harmonies, his vocals possess a soulful immediacy sure to strike a chord with listeners in the DJBooth. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the artist’s Apocalypse LP, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Queen of Wonderland" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.