Previously featured as a guest on J*Davey‘s Queen of Wonderland, buzzmaking singer, songwriter and producer Thundercat steps into the solo Booth spotlight with a freshly-selected single off his next full-length. On Heartbreaks + Setbacks, beatsmiths Flying Lotus and Mono/Poly provide a dense, shapeshifting synth backdrop for the unsigned singer’s reflections on modern romance. Despite being wreathed in reverb and overdubbed harmonies, his vocals possess a soulful immediacy sure to strike a chord with listeners in the DJBooth. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the artist’s Apocalypse LP, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Queen of Wonderland" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.