Previously featured as a guest on J*Davey‘s Queen of Wonderland, buzzmaking singer, songwriter and producer Thundercat steps into the solo Booth spotlight with a freshly-selected single off his next full-length. On Heartbreaks + Setbacks, beatsmiths Flying Lotus and Mono/Poly provide a dense, shapeshifting synth backdrop for the unsigned singer’s reflections on modern romance. Despite being wreathed in reverb and overdubbed harmonies, his vocals possess a soulful immediacy sure to strike a chord with listeners in the DJBooth. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the artist’s Apocalypse LP, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Queen of Wonderland" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.