To paraphrase Paul Simon, there are at least 50 ways to leave your lover. On their latest feature, ATLien buzzmakers THRILLERS come up with one that’s never even occurred to me: write a breakup note in Lipstick on the Mirror. As on Can’t Get Enough, their first feature under their new moniker (We previously knew them as Weapons of Audio.), crewmates Floyd and Jeremy handle production duties in conjunction with Kyle Dreaden, crafting an ‘80s-informed electro-funk groove to accompany them as they mourn a certain woman’s departure from their lives. The Cotton Candy Kisses EP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Get Enough" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.