If you are in need of a new artist to fall in love with, you can’t press play on Three McDaniel‘s Booth debut Soon enough. The Houston native’s first name is quite fitting, because there are three distinct qualities that stand out about his music. Obviously, he is heavily rooted in hip-hop (hence his crisp, slick flow), but his intoxicating sung hook has a dash of R&B to it. And The Stereotypes’ whirring synth production, in conjunction with the artist’s charisma and energy, imbues the cut with a slight pop vibe. Don’t think Katy Perry; McDaniel ain’t no bubblegum emcee, but you’ll hear that Soon enough. This record is the latest video single off the artist’s new project, Blue Diamond Drive, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.