If you are in need of a new artist to fall in love with, you can’t press play on Three McDaniel‘s Booth debut Soon enough. The Houston native’s first name is quite fitting, because there are three distinct qualities that stand out about his music. Obviously, he is heavily rooted in hip-hop (hence his crisp, slick flow), but his intoxicating sung hook has a dash of R&B to it. And The Stereotypes’ whirring synth production, in conjunction with the artist’s charisma and energy, imbues the cut with a slight pop vibe. Don’t think Katy Perry; McDaniel ain’t no bubblegum emcee, but you’ll hear that Soon enough. This record is the latest video single off the artist’s new project, Blue Diamond Drive, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/7/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.