If you are in need of a new artist to fall in love with, you can’t press play on Three McDaniel‘s Booth debut Soon enough. The Houston native’s first name is quite fitting, because there are three distinct qualities that stand out about his music. Obviously, he is heavily rooted in hip-hop (hence his crisp, slick flow), but his intoxicating sung hook has a dash of R&B to it. And The Stereotypes’ whirring synth production, in conjunction with the artist’s charisma and energy, imbues the cut with a slight pop vibe. Don’t think Katy Perry; McDaniel ain’t no bubblegum emcee, but you’ll hear that Soon enough. This record is the latest video single off the artist’s new project, Blue Diamond Drive, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.