If you are in need of a new artist to fall in love with, you can’t press play on Three McDaniel‘s Booth debut Soon enough. The Houston native’s first name is quite fitting, because there are three distinct qualities that stand out about his music. Obviously, he is heavily rooted in hip-hop (hence his crisp, slick flow), but his intoxicating sung hook has a dash of R&B to it. And The Stereotypes’ whirring synth production, in conjunction with the artist’s charisma and energy, imbues the cut with a slight pop vibe. Don’t think Katy Perry; McDaniel ain’t no bubblegum emcee, but you’ll hear that Soon enough. This record is the latest video single off the artist’s new project, Blue Diamond Drive, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.