If R. Kelly does a song about candy, people say “oh, that’s what he does.” If 50 Cent does a song about candy, people say “didn’t we hear this before?” Last week, we featured Lil’ Wayne’s new single, Lollipop, and everyone and their mother commented on the song’s uniqueness and overall hit factor. Well, a little over a week later, Three 6 Mafia have dropped their very own candy-based song, Lolli, Lolli (Pop That Body) . Contrary to 99% of the “highly respected hip-hop blogs,” the song does not in fact feature T-Pain on the voice box (see what that man has done?), but does feature fellow Hypnotized Mindz artist, Project Pat. So, who makes the better Lollipop?
Written by DJ Z on 03/20/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act A Fool ft. Three 6 Mafia" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.