If R. Kelly does a song about candy, people say “oh, that’s what he does.” If 50 Cent does a song about candy, people say “didn’t we hear this before?” Last week, we featured Lil’ Wayne’s new single, Lollipop, and everyone and their mother commented on the song’s uniqueness and overall hit factor. Well, a little over a week later, Three 6 Mafia have dropped their very own candy-based song, Lolli, Lolli (Pop That Body) . Contrary to 99% of the “highly respected hip-hop blogs,” the song does not in fact feature T-Pain on the voice box (see what that man has done?), but does feature fellow Hypnotized Mindz artist, Project Pat. So, who makes the better Lollipop?
Written by DJ Z on 03/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act A Fool" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.