If R. Kelly does a song about candy, people say “oh, that’s what he does.” If 50 Cent does a song about candy, people say “didn’t we hear this before?” Last week, we featured Lil’ Wayne’s new single, Lollipop, and everyone and their mother commented on the song’s uniqueness and overall hit factor. Well, a little over a week later, Three 6 Mafia have dropped their very own candy-based song, Lolli, Lolli (Pop That Body) . Contrary to 99% of the “highly respected hip-hop blogs,” the song does not in fact feature T-Pain on the voice box (see what that man has done?), but does feature fellow Hypnotized Mindz artist, Project Pat. So, who makes the better Lollipop?
Written by DJ Z on 03/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act A Fool" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)