If R. Kelly does a song about candy, people say “oh, that’s what he does.” If 50 Cent does a song about candy, people say “didn’t we hear this before?” Last week, we featured Lil’ Wayne’s new single, Lollipop, and everyone and their mother commented on the song’s uniqueness and overall hit factor. Well, a little over a week later, Three 6 Mafia have dropped their very own candy-based song, Lolli, Lolli (Pop That Body) . Contrary to 99% of the “highly respected hip-hop blogs,” the song does not in fact feature T-Pain on the voice box (see what that man has done?), but does feature fellow Hypnotized Mindz artist, Project Pat. So, who makes the better Lollipop?
Written by DJ Z on 03/20/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act A Fool ft. Three 6 Mafia" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.