Since the release of Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body) finally got their long-delayed Last 2 Walk on store shelves, Three 6 Mafia has wasted no time rolling out a follow-up single. Although some listeners might recall an earlier version of the Akon-assisted That’s Right from one of DJ Smallz‘s mixtapes last summer, the Memphis duo has made several changes for the street anthem’s inclusion on their new album. As DJ Paul and Akon set the “f**k you, pay me” mood, Juicy J recycles his verse from one of the album’s buzz singles (Whatcha Starin’ At). More importantly, however, Paul and Juice bring out their typical whip-banger production. So, next time you’re in traffic, don’t be surprised if you hear That’s Right from the car ahead of you… playing at the maximum legal volume.
Written by Burmy on 07/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act A Fool" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.