You may remember Threatz from his guest contribution on Final Bout, the Dragonball Z-referencing first entry in TreaZon‘s ongoing, Booth-exclusive 45 Days Series. Now, Booth readers get their first chance to hear the Bronx native Flow solo. Demonstrating that he shares his friend and frequent collaborator’s knack for creating mellow, introspective records with lyrical substance, Threatz meditates on his present, reminisces about his high school days, and wonders where his dream-chasing might take him in the future. Zion I‘s AmpLive handles production duties, and his sampled beat elevates the record with the help of a few strikingly pretty chord changes (though the screams he inserts at several points seem a little out-of-place). Showcasing Threatz as a reflective emcee with plenty of potential, Flow should stir up some online buzz for The Breaking Point, due out sometime in March of this year.
Written by richard on 02/12/09
Submit your Rating
Four Five Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Sadness ft. Threatz" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.