You may remember Threatz from his guest contribution on Final Bout, the Dragonball Z-referencing first entry in TreaZon‘s ongoing, Booth-exclusive 45 Days Series. Now, Booth readers get their first chance to hear the Bronx native Flow solo. Demonstrating that he shares his friend and frequent collaborator’s knack for creating mellow, introspective records with lyrical substance, Threatz meditates on his present, reminisces about his high school days, and wonders where his dream-chasing might take him in the future. Zion I‘s AmpLive handles production duties, and his sampled beat elevates the record with the help of a few strikingly pretty chord changes (though the screams he inserts at several points seem a little out-of-place). Showcasing Threatz as a reflective emcee with plenty of potential, Flow should stir up some online buzz for The Breaking Point, due out sometime in March of this year.
Listen to More: Threatz Written by richard
Four Five Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Sadness ft. Threatz" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.