You may remember Threatz from his guest contribution on Final Bout, the Dragonball Z-referencing first entry in TreaZon‘s ongoing, Booth-exclusive 45 Days Series. Now, Booth readers get their first chance to hear the Bronx native Flow solo. Demonstrating that he shares his friend and frequent collaborator’s knack for creating mellow, introspective records with lyrical substance, Threatz meditates on his present, reminisces about his high school days, and wonders where his dream-chasing might take him in the future. Zion I‘s AmpLive handles production duties, and his sampled beat elevates the record with the help of a few strikingly pretty chord changes (though the screams he inserts at several points seem a little out-of-place). Showcasing Threatz as a reflective emcee with plenty of potential, Flow should stir up some online buzz for The Breaking Point, due out sometime in March of this year.
Listen to More: Threatz
Written by richard on 02/12/09
Four Five Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Sadness ft. Threatz" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.