You may remember Threatz from his guest contribution on Final Bout, the Dragonball Z-referencing first entry in TreaZon‘s ongoing, Booth-exclusive 45 Days Series. Now, Booth readers get their first chance to hear the Bronx native Flow solo. Demonstrating that he shares his friend and frequent collaborator’s knack for creating mellow, introspective records with lyrical substance, Threatz meditates on his present, reminisces about his high school days, and wonders where his dream-chasing might take him in the future. Zion I‘s AmpLive handles production duties, and his sampled beat elevates the record with the help of a few strikingly pretty chord changes (though the screams he inserts at several points seem a little out-of-place). Showcasing Threatz as a reflective emcee with plenty of potential, Flow should stir up some online buzz for The Breaking Point, due out sometime in March of this year.
Listen to More: Threatz
Written by richard on 02/12/09
Four Five Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royal Sadness ft. Threatz" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.