If you’re looking for ‘smooth,’ you can’t go wrong with Threatz—in the member reviews of the Bronx up-and-comer’s first solo feature, Flow, that adjective popped up just shy of a dozen times (counting “smoov” and “s-m-o-o-o-t-h”), and, if my calculations are correct, this unreleased cut should elicit at least that many. On ‘90 ‘Til Infinity, the emcee takes listeners on a trip down Memory Lane, detailing his love for last decade’s hip-hop classics and his sky-high ambitions for the future over an impossibly chill blend of synth ambiance and jazzy samples. The combined effect of A-Plus’ instrumental and the emcee’s winding flow is so relaxing that those attempting to follow Threatz’ lyrical thread through the track’s full running time might find themselves zoning out a few minutes in, but that’s definitely not a bad thing—in fact, the dreamy vibe makes for a track that only grows more appealing over time, and the rapper’s poetic, nostalgia-drenched rhymes impress more with each repeat spin. In a word, it’s smooth. If you’re digging this chilled-out cut, keep it locked to the Booth in the coming months; Threatz’ contribution to our exclusive freestyle series is set to premiere later this summer.
Listen to More: Threatz
Written by richard on 06/22/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.