Despite the fact that eclectic emcees come a dime a dozen nowadays, the West Coast’s Thrasher isn’t your typical lyricist striving to be different; the Orange County native has a wide range of musical influences such as Sublime, Nas and Snoop Dogg. Fusing hip hop, alt-rock and pop, the 21-year-old is following up his first single, Fly Kicks, with The Way She Feel, a melodic track describing how beautiful women and his lyrical influences make him feel, with production by Ari Levine. Thrasher professes his adoration for the above when he spits “Girl you look fine/ like a windface Rolex you just shine / had to use a BIG line.” Thrasher’s new album, The One, is expected to be released later this year.
Listen to More: Matthew 1:1
Written by Erica L. on 05/15/08
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.