While you might not recognize the name Third Root, rest assured they have some serious clout. Accompanying the pair on their epic new single is Big Rube, a first generation member of the Dungeon Family; so yeah, Third Root can spit. The San Antonio duo is comprised of two emcees whose talents outside of the mic are reflected on Revolutionary Theme Music. Charles Peters is an accomplished poet and author, while Marco Cervantes has a Ph.D and teaches at the University of Texas at San Antonio; the pair’s knowledge and professionalism bursts through on this cut. Atop the triumphant boardwork of Greg G, propelled by a daunting vocal chorus and a marching beat, the duo— accompanied by Big Rube, of course—showcase their boisterous, forceful flows, spitting some grown-mans knowledge that will leave your hair standing on edge and your blood pumping. Revolutionary Theme Music is the first single from the forthcoming EP, produced in-full by Greg G.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.