Does mo’ money really equal mo’ problems? The Beatles would certainly have agreed with Biggie‘s famous thesis, judging by the richer-than-God rock legends’ cash-related complaints on joints like Taxman and You Never Give Me Your Money. Though inspired by the latter cut, Miami crew Think Tank‘s Gimme Your Money is focused more on the struggles of artists with less currency than they’d like. Backed by Llamabeats’ chopped rendition of the Abbey Road classic, rappers Spits (a member of Llamabeats along with producer The What’s Good and guitarist Mister Fader) and Parable deliver a litany of familiar gripes – impatient landlords, nagging girlfriends, nine-to-five drudgery – in a fresh, entertaining fashion. And they don’t lose sight of the big picture; on verse two, Parable announces that he’s “...tired of the white-collar man with cigar in hand, duckin’ the government for taxes while kids in other countries keep on strugglin’ for rations.” If this joint leaves you hungry for more from Think Tank, you can look forward to a generous serving of Mashed Potatoes on November 2, when their new, Booth-sponsored project hits our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 09/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"People of the Sun" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.