Does mo’ money really equal mo’ problems? The Beatles would certainly have agreed with Biggie‘s famous thesis, judging by the richer-than-God rock legends’ cash-related complaints on joints like Taxman and You Never Give Me Your Money. Though inspired by the latter cut, Miami crew Think Tank‘s Gimme Your Money is focused more on the struggles of artists with less currency than they’d like. Backed by Llamabeats’ chopped rendition of the Abbey Road classic, rappers Spits (a member of Llamabeats along with producer The What’s Good and guitarist Mister Fader) and Parable deliver a litany of familiar gripes – impatient landlords, nagging girlfriends, nine-to-five drudgery – in a fresh, entertaining fashion. And they don’t lose sight of the big picture; on verse two, Parable announces that he’s “...tired of the white-collar man with cigar in hand, duckin’ the government for taxes while kids in other countries keep on strugglin’ for rations.” If this joint leaves you hungry for more from Think Tank, you can look forward to a generous serving of Mashed Potatoes on November 2, when their new, Booth-sponsored project hits our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 09/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"People of the Sun" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.