In today’s game, there are many buzzmaking emcees who sound like they just fell through a wormhole from the Clinton years. On the other end of the spectrum, you have those whose futuristic styles would be perfectly at home in a science-fiction vision of the future. Michigan rhymesayer Thesis43 has made it his mission to give listeners “the best of both worlds.” New single and EP title track The Era strikes me as a little more 2020 than 1994, thanks to Alex Isaak‘s eerie, synth-laced boardwork (complete with cuts by DJ Eminent), but even the most discerning old-school head would be hard-pressed to deny Thesis’ mic skills. Like what you’re hearing? This is just one of many bangers to be found on Thesis’ latest street release, available now for digital purchase via the artist’s Bandcamp page.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!