In today’s game, there are many buzzmaking emcees who sound like they just fell through a wormhole from the Clinton years. On the other end of the spectrum, you have those whose futuristic styles would be perfectly at home in a science-fiction vision of the future. Michigan rhymesayer Thesis43 has made it his mission to give listeners “the best of both worlds.” New single and EP title track The Era strikes me as a little more 2020 than 1994, thanks to Alex Isaak‘s eerie, synth-laced boardwork (complete with cuts by DJ Eminent), but even the most discerning old-school head would be hard-pressed to deny Thesis’ mic skills. Like what you’re hearing? This is just one of many bangers to be found on Thesis’ latest street release, available now for digital purchase via the artist’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.