Last week, Michigan’s Thesis43 made his grand entrance into The DJBooth with 2013, the aptly-titled lead single off a forthcoming EP scheduled for release on New Year’s Day. Apparently, a single project isn’t sufficient to convey how excited the Michigan native is to go shopping for that new calendar; today, he returns with single numero uno off another EP scheduled for release on the very same day. In contrast to the aforementioned cut, whose aggressive electronic production had readers busting out comparisons to popular video games, Corrosive Gunther boast a more laid-back retro vibe, with Bronze Nazareth‘s soul samples and boom-bap percussion backing intricate bars from Thesis, as well as guest rhymes by Aglyty and Sir Manley. DJ Manley amplifies the record’s throwback vibe with the addition of some authentic cuts. Digging it? There’s plenty more where this came from on the headliner’s Never Lost Touch LP, set to drop—along with The JG43 EP—January 1, 2013.
Written by richard on 11/26/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.