Last week, Michigan’s Thesis43 made his grand entrance into The DJBooth with 2013, the aptly-titled lead single off a forthcoming EP scheduled for release on New Year’s Day. Apparently, a single project isn’t sufficient to convey how excited the Michigan native is to go shopping for that new calendar; today, he returns with single numero uno off another EP scheduled for release on the very same day. In contrast to the aforementioned cut, whose aggressive electronic production had readers busting out comparisons to popular video games, Corrosive Gunther boast a more laid-back retro vibe, with Bronze Nazareth‘s soul samples and boom-bap percussion backing intricate bars from Thesis, as well as guest rhymes by Aglyty and Sir Manley. DJ Manley amplifies the record’s throwback vibe with the addition of some authentic cuts. Digging it? There’s plenty more where this came from on the headliner’s Never Lost Touch LP, set to drop—along with The JG43 EP—January 1, 2013.
Written by richard on 11/26/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.