Last week, Michigan’s Thesis43 made his grand entrance into The DJBooth with 2013, the aptly-titled lead single off a forthcoming EP scheduled for release on New Year’s Day. Apparently, a single project isn’t sufficient to convey how excited the Michigan native is to go shopping for that new calendar; today, he returns with single numero uno off another EP scheduled for release on the very same day. In contrast to the aforementioned cut, whose aggressive electronic production had readers busting out comparisons to popular video games, Corrosive Gunther boast a more laid-back retro vibe, with Bronze Nazareth‘s soul samples and boom-bap percussion backing intricate bars from Thesis, as well as guest rhymes by Aglyty and Sir Manley. DJ Manley amplifies the record’s throwback vibe with the addition of some authentic cuts. Digging it? There’s plenty more where this came from on the headliner’s Never Lost Touch LP, set to drop—along with The JG43 EP—January 1, 2013.
Written by richard on 11/26/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.