Last week, Michigan’s Thesis43 made his grand entrance into The DJBooth with 2013, the aptly-titled lead single off a forthcoming EP scheduled for release on New Year’s Day. Apparently, a single project isn’t sufficient to convey how excited the Michigan native is to go shopping for that new calendar; today, he returns with single numero uno off another EP scheduled for release on the very same day. In contrast to the aforementioned cut, whose aggressive electronic production had readers busting out comparisons to popular video games, Corrosive Gunther boast a more laid-back retro vibe, with Bronze Nazareth‘s soul samples and boom-bap percussion backing intricate bars from Thesis, as well as guest rhymes by Aglyty and Sir Manley. DJ Manley amplifies the record’s throwback vibe with the addition of some authentic cuts. Digging it? There’s plenty more where this came from on the headliner’s Never Lost Touch LP, set to drop—along with The JG43 EP—January 1, 2013.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.