Fair warning to all college seniors: there is no need to run the other way. DJBooth newcomer Thesis43 and his stage name have absolutely nothing to do with a glorified, long-ass paper. Instead, the Michigan native is all about up-tempo, left of center hip-hop jams, which he displays for listeners on his new single, 2013. This ode to the upcoming year, features the efforts of Thesis43 (duh), The Grouch, 4nzix and Matt Rusin over an entrancing, pulse pounding beat courtesy of Digerati. This genre bending cut also contains some electronic influences and a touch of rock/alternative, most evident on an enticing, yet off-kilter hook. 2013 is the lead single off of Thesis’ The JG43 EP, which will be curing hangovers with a New Years Day release.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Corrosive Gunther" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.