Fair warning to all college seniors: there is no need to run the other way. DJBooth newcomer Thesis43 and his stage name have absolutely nothing to do with a glorified, long-ass paper. Instead, the Michigan native is all about up-tempo, left of center hip-hop jams, which he displays for listeners on his new single, 2013. This ode to the upcoming year, features the efforts of Thesis43 (duh), The Grouch, 4nzix and Matt Rusin over an entrancing, pulse pounding beat courtesy of Digerati. This genre bending cut also contains some electronic influences and a touch of rock/alternative, most evident on an enticing, yet off-kilter hook. 2013 is the lead single off of Thesis’ The JG43 EP, which will be curing hangovers with a New Years Day release.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Corrosive Gunther" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)