Fair warning to all college seniors: there is no need to run the other way. DJBooth newcomer Thesis43 and his stage name have absolutely nothing to do with a glorified, long-ass paper. Instead, the Michigan native is all about up-tempo, left of center hip-hop jams, which he displays for listeners on his new single, 2013. This ode to the upcoming year, features the efforts of Thesis43 (duh), The Grouch, 4nzix and Matt Rusin over an entrancing, pulse pounding beat courtesy of Digerati. This genre bending cut also contains some electronic influences and a touch of rock/alternative, most evident on an enticing, yet off-kilter hook. 2013 is the lead single off of Thesis’ The JG43 EP, which will be curing hangovers with a New Years Day release.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Corrosive Gunther" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.