Originally featured on Pharrell Williams’ 2006 solo debut, In My Mind, the sensual Take It Off (Dim the Lights) has received an even steamier makeover courtesy of Theophilus London. Over Skateboard P’s silky-smooth original boardwork, the Brooklyn electro-pop phenom puts his unmistakable vocal stamp on the record’s sensual lyrics, throwing in a few of his own overdubs and ad-libs for good measure. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those craving more should keep it locked for release details on Theo’s forthcoming sophomore set, Rose Island.
Written by richard on 03/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.