A couple weeks ago, I listened to Radiohead’s now-classic Kid A LP for the first time in years. (It’s gotten even better with age.) One of my first thoughts after hitting “play” and hearing the first bars of album opener Everything in Its Right Place was, “This would be a really dope sample.” Great minds must think alike, since beatsmith Uzi has flipped that very record on Brooklyn electro-pop mainstay Theophilus London‘s latest promo single. Coming on the heels of Paris 96 debut effort Afternoon, the record finds the headliner delivering iced-out verses over a frosty synth progression drawn from the aforementioned cut. Pro snowboarder (and husband of SantiGold) Trouble Andrew contributes some suitably chill chorus vocals. Official visuals for this jam are debuting soon and, starting tomorrow, Theophilus London will be offering a limited-edition, short-run Snow Angel hoodie for sale at THELVRS.com. Watch our pages next week for the fourth and final entry in Theo’s month-long series of loosie releases.
Written by richard on 02/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.