A couple weeks ago, I listened to Radiohead’s now-classic Kid A LP for the first time in years. (It’s gotten even better with age.) One of my first thoughts after hitting “play” and hearing the first bars of album opener Everything in Its Right Place was, “This would be a really dope sample.” Great minds must think alike, since beatsmith Uzi has flipped that very record on Brooklyn electro-pop mainstay Theophilus London‘s latest promo single. Coming on the heels of Paris 96 debut effort Afternoon, the record finds the headliner delivering iced-out verses over a frosty synth progression drawn from the aforementioned cut. Pro snowboarder (and husband of SantiGold) Trouble Andrew contributes some suitably chill chorus vocals. Official visuals for this jam are debuting soon and, starting tomorrow, Theophilus London will be offering a limited-edition, short-run Snow Angel hoodie for sale at THELVRS.com. Watch our pages next week for the fourth and final entry in Theo’s month-long series of loosie releases.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.