A couple weeks ago, I listened to Radiohead’s now-classic Kid A LP for the first time in years. (It’s gotten even better with age.) One of my first thoughts after hitting “play” and hearing the first bars of album opener Everything in Its Right Place was, “This would be a really dope sample.” Great minds must think alike, since beatsmith Uzi has flipped that very record on Brooklyn electro-pop mainstay Theophilus London‘s latest promo single. Coming on the heels of Paris 96 debut effort Afternoon, the record finds the headliner delivering iced-out verses over a frosty synth progression drawn from the aforementioned cut. Pro snowboarder (and husband of SantiGold) Trouble Andrew contributes some suitably chill chorus vocals. Official visuals for this jam are debuting soon and, starting tomorrow, Theophilus London will be offering a limited-edition, short-run Snow Angel hoodie for sale at THELVRS.com. Watch our pages next week for the fourth and final entry in Theo’s month-long series of loosie releases.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.