Way back in 2010, when Theophilus London paid his first visit to Rio de Janeiro, he was so inspired by his experiences there that he decided to celebrate the city in song. After a three-year delay, the Brooklyn mainstay has finally unleashed his musical homage to Brazil’s second-largest metropolis. In contrast to London’s usual electro-pop sound, this joint boasts a more organic, funky vibe thanks to Brooklyn’s Menahan Street Band, the ensemble recently heard lending their throwback grooves to Charles Bradley‘s Strictly Reserved for You. (Thomas Brenneck, the group’s guitarist, doubles as the record’s producer.) This fresh, summery selection won’t be part of any forthcoming project, but fans can keep it locked for further news and tunes from Theophilus London, including all the latest on his currently-unscheduled spohomore album.
Written by richard on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)