There are few artists as qualified to discuss the Life of a Lover than alternative emcee Theophilus London and R&B singer Jesse Boykins III, the duo who brought us steamy collaborative cuts Cold Pillow and Oohs & Ahhs. So, what is it like to get more action than… um… one of those board things you clap shut when you shout, “Action!” at a movie shoot (clever analogy, huh?)? Judging by this mixtape cut, leaked to promote the headliner’s new Hypebeast blog, it’s pretty damned nice. Here, producer Club House provides a a silky-smooth, jazz-sampled beat as London paints a laid-back lyrical portrait of the glamorous life of a playboy. Topped off with Boykins’ equally chill, almost-murmured hook vocals, LoaL should be just the thing to vibe out to during the long, sunny days that lie ahead (frankly, it’s got me in the mood for a nice afternoon nap). Anyway, if you find yourself seduced by this record’s swanky style, keep it locked – Theophilus’ I Want You has yet to receive a release date, but you can rest assured we’ll bring you all the latest.
Written by richard on 03/15/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.