There are few artists as qualified to discuss the Life of a Lover than alternative emcee Theophilus London and R&B singer Jesse Boykins III, the duo who brought us steamy collaborative cuts Cold Pillow and Oohs & Ahhs. So, what is it like to get more action than… um… one of those board things you clap shut when you shout, “Action!” at a movie shoot (clever analogy, huh?)? Judging by this mixtape cut, leaked to promote the headliner’s new Hypebeast blog, it’s pretty damned nice. Here, producer Club House provides a a silky-smooth, jazz-sampled beat as London paints a laid-back lyrical portrait of the glamorous life of a playboy. Topped off with Boykins’ equally chill, almost-murmured hook vocals, LoaL should be just the thing to vibe out to during the long, sunny days that lie ahead (frankly, it’s got me in the mood for a nice afternoon nap). Anyway, if you find yourself seduced by this record’s swanky style, keep it locked – Theophilus’ I Want You has yet to receive a release date, but you can rest assured we’ll bring you all the latest.
Written by richard on 03/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.