Last Night, I caught up on some household chores and grabbed dinner with a friend in time to get to bed by midnight—exciting, right? Theophilus London, on the other hand, kicked off his national headlining tour with a blockbuster show at Cleveland’s Grog Shop. To celebrate the occasion, the electro-pop sensation’s dropped off a brand new promo single. Despite being subtitled LVRS Anthem, this electrifying cut is more suited for an all-night rager than a cozy evening in with a special someone. Glasgow dubstep producer Rustie goes for broke on the production tip, layering scorching synths over a white-knuckle percussion rhythm and tying the whole booty-shaking package together with a chopped-n-screwed hook (Show your nasty side, girl…”). London comes with high-energy bars to match, describing the activities of his ideal evening out—knocking back shots of Bushmill, rolling up that purple, watching the club go dumb with his girl by his side…—before dialing back the intensity for a smoothed-out chorus. If you weren’t already wishing you could party with Theophilus London, you will be by the time this record’s through. To learn when his Tour de Roses will be visiting a city near you, check out the dates listed on the artist’s Tumblr page.
Written by richard on 01/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)