With an acclaimed debut EP under his belt, alt-rap innovator Theophilus London is nearly ready to take the plunge and release a studio album. Today, the Trinidad-born, Brooklyn-raised singer/rapper gives us the first taste of the project. On opening track Last Name London, the artist makes sure everyone out there knows his name, delivering ambitious rhymes over a clattering beat by John Hill. Premiered on XXLmag.com, the record is available for free download in exchange for a Retweet. London fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes leading up to the July 19, release of London’s freshman set, Timez Are Weird These Days.
Written by richard on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.