Jump, a track off Rihanna‘s recently-released Unapologetic LP, saw the pop songstress drawing inspiration from Ginuwine‘s 1996 hit single, Pony, as she encouraged a lucky man to hop into her saddle (if you know what I mean). Well, that was all the invitation that Theophilus London needed. Taking a break from his busy schedule of chilling in Paris and working on his sophomore set, the Brooklyn electro-hop auteur has linked up with Club Cheval for an official remix of the record. Backed by the French beat crew’s noised-up rendition of Stargate and Chase & Status’ original production, Theo supplements RiRi’s come-ons with lyrical snapshots of his jet-setting lifestyle. Need more Theophilus London in your life? As I alluded above, the artist is currently prepping a new LP for release later this year. Additionally, he’s scheduled to perform at both weekends of this coming April’s Coachella festival.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.