Jump, a track off Rihanna‘s recently-released Unapologetic LP, saw the pop songstress drawing inspiration from Ginuwine‘s 1996 hit single, Pony, as she encouraged a lucky man to hop into her saddle (if you know what I mean). Well, that was all the invitation that Theophilus London needed. Taking a break from his busy schedule of chilling in Paris and working on his sophomore set, the Brooklyn electro-hop auteur has linked up with Club Cheval for an official remix of the record. Backed by the French beat crew’s noised-up rendition of Stargate and Chase & Status’ original production, Theo supplements RiRi’s come-ons with lyrical snapshots of his jet-setting lifestyle. Need more Theophilus London in your life? As I alluded above, the artist is currently prepping a new LP for release later this year. Additionally, he’s scheduled to perform at both weekends of this coming April’s Coachella festival.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.