Jump, a track off Rihanna‘s recently-released Unapologetic LP, saw the pop songstress drawing inspiration from Ginuwine‘s 1996 hit single, Pony, as she encouraged a lucky man to hop into her saddle (if you know what I mean). Well, that was all the invitation that Theophilus London needed. Taking a break from his busy schedule of chilling in Paris and working on his sophomore set, the Brooklyn electro-hop auteur has linked up with Club Cheval for an official remix of the record. Backed by the French beat crew’s noised-up rendition of Stargate and Chase & Status’ original production, Theo supplements RiRi’s come-ons with lyrical snapshots of his jet-setting lifestyle. Need more Theophilus London in your life? As I alluded above, the artist is currently prepping a new LP for release later this year. Additionally, he’s scheduled to perform at both weekends of this coming April’s Coachella festival.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.