Jump, a track off Rihanna‘s recently-released Unapologetic LP, saw the pop songstress drawing inspiration from Ginuwine‘s 1996 hit single, Pony, as she encouraged a lucky man to hop into her saddle (if you know what I mean). Well, that was all the invitation that Theophilus London needed. Taking a break from his busy schedule of chilling in Paris and working on his sophomore set, the Brooklyn electro-hop auteur has linked up with Club Cheval for an official remix of the record. Backed by the French beat crew’s noised-up rendition of Stargate and Chase & Status’ original production, Theo supplements RiRi’s come-ons with lyrical snapshots of his jet-setting lifestyle. Need more Theophilus London in your life? As I alluded above, the artist is currently prepping a new LP for release later this year. Additionally, he’s scheduled to perform at both weekends of this coming April’s Coachella festival.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.