Jump, a track off Rihanna‘s recently-released Unapologetic LP, saw the pop songstress drawing inspiration from Ginuwine‘s 1996 hit single, Pony, as she encouraged a lucky man to hop into her saddle (if you know what I mean). Well, that was all the invitation that Theophilus London needed. Taking a break from his busy schedule of chilling in Paris and working on his sophomore set, the Brooklyn electro-hop auteur has linked up with Club Cheval for an official remix of the record. Backed by the French beat crew’s noised-up rendition of Stargate and Chase & Status’ original production, Theo supplements RiRi’s come-ons with lyrical snapshots of his jet-setting lifestyle. Need more Theophilus London in your life? As I alluded above, the artist is currently prepping a new LP for release later this year. Additionally, he’s scheduled to perform at both weekends of this coming April’s Coachella festival.
Written by richard on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.