The first time I heard Theophilus London a few years ago, I thought he was as talented and unique as anyone else in the industry, but was unsure of how he would be received among the musical community. I can officially say that I’m no longer concerned with his future, as London is: releasing a cinema-influenced video for his acclaimed I Stand Alone, performing on the season premiere of 90210, launching a limited edition Cole Haan store in Soho and will be doing a nationwide U.S. tour with Friendly Fires. Talk about eclectic. Today, Ocelot has taken one of the standout songs from Timez Are Weird These Days and thrown his own remix on I Stand Alone with a more club anthem vibe on display. While I’m a stickler for original versions, Ocelot has done well with taking a promising single and making it his own. If you’re a fan of this one, be sure to pick up London’s debut album (out now). You won’t be standing alone on this one.
Written by Sigurd on 09/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.