The first time I heard Theophilus London a few years ago, I thought he was as talented and unique as anyone else in the industry, but was unsure of how he would be received among the musical community. I can officially say that I’m no longer concerned with his future, as London is: releasing a cinema-influenced video for his acclaimed I Stand Alone, performing on the season premiere of 90210, launching a limited edition Cole Haan store in Soho and will be doing a nationwide U.S. tour with Friendly Fires. Talk about eclectic. Today, Ocelot has taken one of the standout songs from Timez Are Weird These Days and thrown his own remix on I Stand Alone with a more club anthem vibe on display. While I’m a stickler for original versions, Ocelot has done well with taking a promising single and making it his own. If you’re a fan of this one, be sure to pick up London’s debut album (out now). You won’t be standing alone on this one.
Written by Sigurd on 09/13/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.