The first time I heard Theophilus London a few years ago, I thought he was as talented and unique as anyone else in the industry, but was unsure of how he would be received among the musical community. I can officially say that I’m no longer concerned with his future, as London is: releasing a cinema-influenced video for his acclaimed I Stand Alone, performing on the season premiere of 90210, launching a limited edition Cole Haan store in Soho and will be doing a nationwide U.S. tour with Friendly Fires. Talk about eclectic. Today, Ocelot has taken one of the standout songs from Timez Are Weird These Days and thrown his own remix on I Stand Alone with a more club anthem vibe on display. While I’m a stickler for original versions, Ocelot has done well with taking a promising single and making it his own. If you’re a fan of this one, be sure to pick up London’s debut album (out now). You won’t be standing alone on this one.
Written by Sigurd on 09/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.