The first time I heard Theophilus London a few years ago, I thought he was as talented and unique as anyone else in the industry, but was unsure of how he would be received among the musical community. I can officially say that I’m no longer concerned with his future, as London is: releasing a cinema-influenced video for his acclaimed I Stand Alone, performing on the season premiere of 90210, launching a limited edition Cole Haan store in Soho and will be doing a nationwide U.S. tour with Friendly Fires. Talk about eclectic. Today, Ocelot has taken one of the standout songs from Timez Are Weird These Days and thrown his own remix on I Stand Alone with a more club anthem vibe on display. While I’m a stickler for original versions, Ocelot has done well with taking a promising single and making it his own. If you’re a fan of this one, be sure to pick up London’s debut album (out now). You won’t be standing alone on this one.
Written by Sigurd on 09/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.