The first time I heard Theophilus London a few years ago, I thought he was as talented and unique as anyone else in the industry, but was unsure of how he would be received among the musical community. I can officially say that I’m no longer concerned with his future, as London is: releasing a cinema-influenced video for his acclaimed I Stand Alone, performing on the season premiere of 90210, launching a limited edition Cole Haan store in Soho and will be doing a nationwide U.S. tour with Friendly Fires. Talk about eclectic. Today, Ocelot has taken one of the standout songs from Timez Are Weird These Days and thrown his own remix on I Stand Alone with a more club anthem vibe on display. While I’m a stickler for original versions, Ocelot has done well with taking a promising single and making it his own. If you’re a fan of this one, be sure to pick up London’s debut album (out now). You won’t be standing alone on this one.
Written by Sigurd on 09/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.