Man, women can do a number on a guy. Every man has a beautiful memory of a time spent with a significant woman that’s cemented in their minds, but once that lady disappears from your life, those memories can quickly turn sad and lonely. The creative mastermind behind This Charming Mixtape, Theophilus London is more than familiar with such a situation, and uses it as the template for his new track, Humdrum Town. Coming off the Green Label Sound Exclusives series, the dark, reminiscent single shows how this Brooklyn rapper can absolutely saturate a track with creativity (he also produced the joint, by the way). The combination of the somber production and London’s bars has the ability to give even the listener a picture of a gray, gloomy, rainy image of love lost (and not forgotten). If you like this submission from the eclectic emcee, be sure to check out the mixtape and keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 11/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.