As a self-described “cool weirdo” with a sexually-charged style, neo-soul singer and Booth newcomer Peter Hadar could hardly find a better hip-hop counterpart than Theophilus London, the Brooklyn buzzmaker who brought us such spacey, sensual jams as Oohs and Aahs and Cold Pillow. On this new track, being pushed as a promo single by both artists, London and Hadar team up to let a special lady know, “I Want U 4 Myself” As usual, London manages to make a relatively chilly, synth-loaded beat sound sultrier than a steam room; Machine Drum‘s compulsively danceable percussion rhythm blends with London’s breathless flow and stark rhyme style to intoxicating effect, and Hader brings his own brand of expressionistic sex appeal on the soulfully murmured hook. With a chilled out but energetic vibe that’ll “[make] the dancefloor turn to fire” in nightspots across the nation, WU4M is sure to get listeners excited both collaborators’ future prospects. Those digging this unique track should stay tuned for more info on Theophilus’ in-progress debut album, as well as all the latest from Peter Hader.
Written by richard on 08/10/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.