As a self-described “cool weirdo” with a sexually-charged style, neo-soul singer and Booth newcomer Peter Hadar could hardly find a better hip-hop counterpart than Theophilus London, the Brooklyn buzzmaker who brought us such spacey, sensual jams as Oohs and Aahs and Cold Pillow. On this new track, being pushed as a promo single by both artists, London and Hadar team up to let a special lady know, “I Want U 4 Myself” As usual, London manages to make a relatively chilly, synth-loaded beat sound sultrier than a steam room; Machine Drum‘s compulsively danceable percussion rhythm blends with London’s breathless flow and stark rhyme style to intoxicating effect, and Hader brings his own brand of expressionistic sex appeal on the soulfully murmured hook. With a chilled out but energetic vibe that’ll “[make] the dancefloor turn to fire” in nightspots across the nation, WU4M is sure to get listeners excited both collaborators’ future prospects. Those digging this unique track should stay tuned for more info on Theophilus’ in-progress debut album, as well as all the latest from Peter Hader.
Written by richard on 08/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.