On this new, unreleased cut, Theophilus London addresses the one activity that elicits more Oohs & Ahhs than a Fourth of July fireworks show—if you haven’t already guessed, I’m talking about lovemaking. This record is far from your average sex jam, though; for one thing, the Brooklyn emcee sounds like he’s actually getting it on while rapping. Producer Leatherette‘s smoldering blend of ambient synths and sampled moans, along with frequent collaborator Jesse Boykins III‘s steamy “take you for a ride” hook combine with London’s breathless vocals to create a sexy but weirdly voyeuristic listening experience. In any case, the creativity all three bring to Oohs & Ahhs is undeniable, and there’s no reason the cut shouldn’t continue the streak of positive reviews London started with Cold Pillow (also featuring Boykins). If you like what you hear, check back with us next month for the up-and-comer’s contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by richard on 04/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.