On this new, unreleased cut, Theophilus London addresses the one activity that elicits more Oohs & Ahhs than a Fourth of July fireworks show—if you haven’t already guessed, I’m talking about lovemaking. This record is far from your average sex jam, though; for one thing, the Brooklyn emcee sounds like he’s actually getting it on while rapping. Producer Leatherette‘s smoldering blend of ambient synths and sampled moans, along with frequent collaborator Jesse Boykins III‘s steamy “take you for a ride” hook combine with London’s breathless vocals to create a sexy but weirdly voyeuristic listening experience. In any case, the creativity all three bring to Oohs & Ahhs is undeniable, and there’s no reason the cut shouldn’t continue the streak of positive reviews London started with Cold Pillow (also featuring Boykins). If you like what you hear, check back with us next month for the up-and-comer’s contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.