Looking to push his music past the industry-standard boundaries that rule radio is Brooklyn’s own Theophilus London, who has a potential single in Cold Pillow. Longing for a lost love, London implements a uniquely conversational vocal style that is both earnest and appealing to the senses. Those descriptors apply equally well to guest artist Jesse Boykins III who flanks London on this track off his This Charming Mixtape. Producer/DJ Ricci Rucker provides an ideal mixture of new and old on the production tip. Be on the lookout for the London Wave in ‘09 – Theophilus has an ear-catching sound that could break today’s Top 40.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/30/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)