Looking to push his music past the industry-standard boundaries that rule radio is Brooklyn’s own Theophilus London, who has a potential single in Cold Pillow. Longing for a lost love, London implements a uniquely conversational vocal style that is both earnest and appealing to the senses. Those descriptors apply equally well to guest artist Jesse Boykins III who flanks London on this track off his This Charming Mixtape. Producer/DJ Ricci Rucker provides an ideal mixture of new and old on the production tip. Be on the lookout for the London Wave in ‘09 – Theophilus has an ear-catching sound that could break today’s Top 40.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.