Looking to push his music past the industry-standard boundaries that rule radio is Brooklyn’s own Theophilus London, who has a potential single in Cold Pillow. Longing for a lost love, London implements a uniquely conversational vocal style that is both earnest and appealing to the senses. Those descriptors apply equally well to guest artist Jesse Boykins III who flanks London on this track off his This Charming Mixtape. Producer/DJ Ricci Rucker provides an ideal mixture of new and old on the production tip. Be on the lookout for the London Wave in ‘09 – Theophilus has an ear-catching sound that could break today’s Top 40.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)