Looking to push his music past the industry-standard boundaries that rule radio is Brooklyn’s own Theophilus London, who has a potential single in Cold Pillow. Longing for a lost love, London implements a uniquely conversational vocal style that is both earnest and appealing to the senses. Those descriptors apply equally well to guest artist Jesse Boykins III who flanks London on this track off his This Charming Mixtape. Producer/DJ Ricci Rucker provides an ideal mixture of new and old on the production tip. Be on the lookout for the London Wave in ‘09 – Theophilus has an ear-catching sound that could break today’s Top 40.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/30/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.