It seems like colder weather is always synonymous with radio stations putting the same seven songs in continuous rotation and playing them until it’s painful (just thinking about Mario’s Break Up is giving me a migraine), but luckily Theophilus London is the silver lining in the clouds, here to make sure that we can still Enjoy the Sun. I always welcome inspired music to my speakers with open arms, and the last word that could possibly be used to describe London’s latest submission to the Booth is unoriginal. Featuring past collaborators Jesse Boykins III and out-of-this -world producer, Machine Drum, the single is a more than effective showcase of London’s genre-bending style and obvious creative talent, exactly the musical gift we all need while the sun continues to go down earlier every day. Although Enjoy the Sun is currently not part of a larger project, fans should stay tuned to the Booth’s pages for further developments.
Written by Sigurd on 10/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.