It seems like colder weather is always synonymous with radio stations putting the same seven songs in continuous rotation and playing them until it’s painful (just thinking about Mario’s Break Up is giving me a migraine), but luckily Theophilus London is the silver lining in the clouds, here to make sure that we can still Enjoy the Sun. I always welcome inspired music to my speakers with open arms, and the last word that could possibly be used to describe London’s latest submission to the Booth is unoriginal. Featuring past collaborators Jesse Boykins III and out-of-this -world producer, Machine Drum, the single is a more than effective showcase of London’s genre-bending style and obvious creative talent, exactly the musical gift we all need while the sun continues to go down earlier every day. Although Enjoy the Sun is currently not part of a larger project, fans should stay tuned to the Booth’s pages for further developments.
Written by Sigurd on 10/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Five ft. Theophilus London" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.