Now more than ever, folks are dearly dependent on those paychecks arriving every 1st and 15th. Some dedicated hip hop fans, however, look forward to these days for a quite different reason: rapper Theo‘s Channel Surfin’ series, which also takes place on the 1st and 15th of every month. On new entry Won’t Do, the Providence, Rhode Island lyricist goes deep in thought over production by the late, great J. Dilla. Impressively pulling off a series of unique verses without cannibalizing the Detroit legend’s musical soundscape, Theo showcases a drive that deserves some attention. With co-signs from fellow unsigned heroes Skyzoo and U-N-I, he may not be Dr. Huxtable’s son, but he is a must-watch emcee for hip hop devotees.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.