Now more than ever, folks are dearly dependent on those paychecks arriving every 1st and 15th. Some dedicated hip hop fans, however, look forward to these days for a quite different reason: rapper Theo‘s Channel Surfin’ series, which also takes place on the 1st and 15th of every month. On new entry Won’t Do, the Providence, Rhode Island lyricist goes deep in thought over production by the late, great J. Dilla. Impressively pulling off a series of unique verses without cannibalizing the Detroit legend’s musical soundscape, Theo showcases a drive that deserves some attention. With co-signs from fellow unsigned heroes Skyzoo and U-N-I, he may not be Dr. Huxtable’s son, but he is a must-watch emcee for hip hop devotees.
Listen to More: Theo Martins
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/19/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.