Now more than ever, folks are dearly dependent on those paychecks arriving every 1st and 15th. Some dedicated hip hop fans, however, look forward to these days for a quite different reason: rapper Theo‘s Channel Surfin’ series, which also takes place on the 1st and 15th of every month. On new entry Won’t Do, the Providence, Rhode Island lyricist goes deep in thought over production by the late, great J. Dilla. Impressively pulling off a series of unique verses without cannibalizing the Detroit legend’s musical soundscape, Theo showcases a drive that deserves some attention. With co-signs from fellow unsigned heroes Skyzoo and U-N-I, he may not be Dr. Huxtable’s son, but he is a must-watch emcee for hip hop devotees.
Listen to More: Theo Martins
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.