Now more than ever, folks are dearly dependent on those paychecks arriving every 1st and 15th. Some dedicated hip hop fans, however, look forward to these days for a quite different reason: rapper Theo‘s Channel Surfin’ series, which also takes place on the 1st and 15th of every month. On new entry Won’t Do, the Providence, Rhode Island lyricist goes deep in thought over production by the late, great J. Dilla. Impressively pulling off a series of unique verses without cannibalizing the Detroit legend’s musical soundscape, Theo showcases a drive that deserves some attention. With co-signs from fellow unsigned heroes Skyzoo and U-N-I, he may not be Dr. Huxtable’s son, but he is a must-watch emcee for hip hop devotees.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.