Now more than ever, folks are dearly dependent on those paychecks arriving every 1st and 15th. Some dedicated hip hop fans, however, look forward to these days for a quite different reason: rapper Theo‘s Channel Surfin’ series, which also takes place on the 1st and 15th of every month. On new entry Won’t Do, the Providence, Rhode Island lyricist goes deep in thought over production by the late, great J. Dilla. Impressively pulling off a series of unique verses without cannibalizing the Detroit legend’s musical soundscape, Theo showcases a drive that deserves some attention. With co-signs from fellow unsigned heroes Skyzoo and U-N-I, he may not be Dr. Huxtable’s son, but he is a must-watch emcee for hip hop devotees.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.