With a voice similar to Lupe Fiasco and a flow that mimics Kanye West, Rhode Island born emcee Theo has caught our attention. After years of DJing in his hometown of Providence, Theo has stepped up to the mic and the boards to record and produce his new album, The Birth. On his new single, Sweetest Language, he pays tribute to the greats of hip-hop over a beat from guest producer Profit that mirrors Fiasco’s The Coolest. While giving credit to artists like Q-Tip, Common and even Euro house legends Daft Punk for influencing his sound, Theo displays praiseworthy wordplay and supreme confidence on the mic. Watch for the true Birth of his career, scheduled for August 8.
Written by Amanda S. on 07/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Doing Your Thing" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.