With a voice similar to Lupe Fiasco and a flow that mimics Kanye West, Rhode Island born emcee Theo has caught our attention. After years of DJing in his hometown of Providence, Theo has stepped up to the mic and the boards to record and produce his new album, The Birth. On his new single, Sweetest Language, he pays tribute to the greats of hip-hop over a beat from guest producer Profit that mirrors Fiasco’s The Coolest. While giving credit to artists like Q-Tip, Common and even Euro house legends Daft Punk for influencing his sound, Theo displays praiseworthy wordplay and supreme confidence on the mic. Watch for the true Birth of his career, scheduled for August 8.
Written by Amanda S. on 07/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Doing Your Thing" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.