With a voice similar to Lupe Fiasco and a flow that mimics Kanye West, Rhode Island born emcee Theo has caught our attention. After years of DJing in his hometown of Providence, Theo has stepped up to the mic and the boards to record and produce his new album, The Birth. On his new single, Sweetest Language, he pays tribute to the greats of hip-hop over a beat from guest producer Profit that mirrors Fiasco’s The Coolest. While giving credit to artists like Q-Tip, Common and even Euro house legends Daft Punk for influencing his sound, Theo displays praiseworthy wordplay and supreme confidence on the mic. Watch for the true Birth of his career, scheduled for August 8.
Written by Amanda S. on 07/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Doing Your Thing" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.