For many artists, the musical grind and the fame that (sometimes) results are endless sources of stress. Theo Martins is a different breed. If the dreamy feel of his latest feature is any indication, he finds the music game about as relaxing as a nice, steamy bubblebath… on Valium (kids, don’t try that one at home). You Don’t See finds the Rhode Island-based boat shoe aficionado lifting the veil to give listeners a glimpse of what makes him tick, describing his drive to succeed in a calm, almost murmured flow as beatsmith Devon Who blends simmering synths, powerful bass and headphone-worthy electronic accents. Contributing a characteristically breathy hook, Jesse Boykins III once again asserts his dominance of the “singer who appears on narcotically chill cuts with rappers whose names start with Theo” niche. This track is definitely a change of pace from the headliner’s previous features, but is this hazy style a good look for Theo Martins? If you’re digging it, be sure to check out You Can’t Do That On TV: The Prequel when it drops in January 2010, as well as his forthcoming EP with Hall of Justus, due out February 2.
Written by richard on 12/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.