My skin’s too pale and I’ve got too many freckles to ever be considered a part of la Cosa Nostra (unless they’ve changed their membership criteria lately, which I doubt). However, at least now I know what it feels like to be a don, thanks to Theo Martins’ new leak Veni Vidi Vici (which, translated from Latin, means “I came, I saw, I conquered). Backed by some heavy, almost hard-rock production from Kris Fame that propulsively drives the track forward, Martins throws a few short entertaining bars describing the high profile life he leads, both when traveling afar and on his day-to-day grind: “Why you flakin’ all crazy, like coritzone / I’m not McCauley but I had the city home alone.” So did Theo conquer the Booth? Have your say. For more from this burgeoning international man of luxury be sure to check out his forthcoming project, Channel Surfin’ (with DJ Wreckineyez of The Roth Boys). And as always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Listen to More: Theo Martins
Written by Sigurd on 02/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.